Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Mayhem


Hey, newbie authors, why become a blogger? Because it gives you writing practice and helps you acquire name recognition, that's why. Sometimes it's a challenge to keep my blog current, but in the final analysis, the practice keeps me mentally sharp. In Dr. Steven Covey's book, The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, he refers to mental and physical exercise as Sharpening the Saw. Mental and physical exercising go hand in hand with helping you stay sharp and alive. In short, staying healthy gives you an edge and having an edge in this business really means something!

Now what in the hell does this have to do with Black Friday? Well, while sitting in my office early Friday morning, I was wondering what my Saturday blog would be about. It seemed natural to write about Friday's nationwide buying (feeding) frenzy. I didn't want to wait until this morning to write the whole blog, so I got a head start. Basically, I will copy and paste a nasty picture of Black Friday early and then post this blog.

The real purpose of this blog is to try and help newbies seriously think about blogging. The purpose of the blog title and picture is to draw you in. It's just like a grabber to publicize a book. "Oh, look, honey, here is a blog and disgusting picture about Black Friday!" OK, now you are hooked into reading the blog! I'm not sure what it is about the human mind that draws us toward mayhem, but why not use human nature to get people to read your stuff? Why not, indeed....

Trickery, you say. I say, not! I'm just using every tool available in the quest to become a known author. If you want to stop being a newbie author, you better learn to use any and all tools at your disposal too.

I'm just saying,

Mittster

No comments: