Friday, January 13, 2012

Looking Presidential

I heard a news commentator mention that Mitt Romney was the only candidate that looked presidential among the Republican Party hopefuls currently battling for the nomination. Interesting comment when you consider past great presidents. So I guess looking presidential is one of the most important qualities when running for President of the United States of America.


Since my name is also Mitt, I mention from time to time that the only difference between Mitt Romney and me is that he is handsome and rich. Other than that, we are alike in almost every other way. Another difference is that I would make a better president. In fact, there are millions of people in this country who would make a better president than any Republican or Democrat now on Capitol Hill!

Of course, the view from Washington DC is that we are all mushrooms and not one of us commoners could survive the glare of divine light and wisdom that emanates from our capitol and its inhabitants. In fact, that is the very reason that you must also belong to the Millionaire's Club to reside there. Being, quote, “handsome” is not enough. You must also be "rich" to be enlightened. These two facts also help keep the riffraff out of Washington. So knowing this begs the question; how did Abraham Lincoln become president?

I think I will change my name to Abraham. I would much rather compare my name to his than Mitt Romney. I in no way compare myself to Abraham Lincoln. He was a great man and history will never forget his name. I, for one, wish an Abraham Lincoln would pop out of the woodwork and become president. Of course, this is a pipe dream and we will be stuck with a handsome, rich, and enlightened one yet again. God help the mushrooms….

I’m just saying,

Mittster

No comments: