Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dear Smokers


Below is a rather long, but well worth reading, excerpt from The Stop Smoking Guardian Angel book. While working for a plumber friend last week, I was subjected to second hand smoke all day long by all but one worker. Trust me; it ruined my day at work. If you are trying to quit and can't, go to the book's Website and I will send you a copy of the book for free, including postage.

I'm just saying,

Mittster


One day after 20 years of smoking, I realized that spending a fortune to feel like crap had to stop. I was so tired of waking up with a nicotine hangover! I simply put them down, walked away and smoked no more forever. It was the toughest thing I ever did in my life and even though my marriage failed, my life did not! My ex has continued smoking to this day and her health is now failing even though she is not yet 50 years old.


All the literature say's that nicotine is just as addictive as opiates. No wonder it's so hard to quit! The tobacco companies hooked us and then left us alone to figure out how to quit. I had tried all the patches and pills, but to no avail. Please do not be too hard on yourself if you fail. Failure is just the precursor to success!!!! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get on with YOUR life. This is YOUR life, but it is not a dress rehearsal.


You only go around once. What you do today will dictate what your life will be like later. I can't stand the thought of anyone having to lug a heavy air tank around in a wheel chair because they can't breathe, or having to deal with cancer or both!! I have lost loved ones to cancer and it is just horrible.


You are an intelligent and beautiful human being. You do not have to give up even one of these attributes later in life if you will just stand up and be what you are! We do not need nicotine, alcohol or drugs to demonstrate our true nature. You are a Spiritual Being having a human experience. You have all the tools to quit smoking or anything else that is hurting you.


Take a close look at my profile. What do you see? I am the example. I say this with modesty and humility. What you see is what you get when you tune into your true nature and tune out all the crap that makes you hurt inside until you break down and cry!


Life is so wonderful. Am I sitting in a rocker waiting to die? No! I am going out kicking and screaming just like when I arrived. It comes down to choices you make now. Please write if you need support.


You’re Smoking Guardian Angel, ():>)

No comments: