Thursday, January 13, 2011

Growing Old is Mandatory

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive body with skin like a baby’s butt, but rather to skid in sideways, smiling and laughing the whole way, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO, what a ride!"

My road to becoming an author spans decades, with most of those years in the construction industry. Two years ago, I decided to take my writing abilities seriously and create a novel. At first, I thought about writing science fiction, but intuition dictated murder mysteries. Thus, Evil in the Mirror and Day Stalker were born.

How about identical twins killing off hippies in Tucson, Arizona? After all, I am an identical twin and we were born in Tucson. Since I had firsthand knowledge of twins, location and murder had been presented in the news media since before I was born, research would be a snap. I found writing both books invigorating, exciting and intoxicating. While my passion for construction had waned, my new passion for writing far surpassed anything I had experienced in the past.

While my body may have been beat up from construction and living the dirt bag carpenter life with large quantities of booze and nightlife, my mind stayed sharp and inquisitive. Thank God I never got involved with hard drugs or I wouldn’t have a mind to whip into shape for authoring.

You see, when I skid into the grave, I want to have used up my mind along with my body. What good is an unused brain? I plan to keep writing until that last moment of life. In fact, someone is going to have to pry my fingers off my laptop!

Write on,

Mittster

No comments: