Friday, March 25, 2011

The Power of Laughter

I really like it when someone posts on Facebook that they had a good laugh at something written by a friend. There is just not enough laughter in the world any more. Let’s face it, without the ability to laugh we lose our second most powerful communication tool. The first is love, and without that we are doomed.


I found my Friday laugh in a piece on YouTube called Troglodyte. It made me laugh loud and long. Afterward, I felt really good and the world seemed right for a time. Click on the title of this blog and see some of the scientific research being done concerning the real powers of laughter. I don’t know about you, but I need all the help I can get or the world comes crashing down on me with an overload of hate and discontent! Give me a freaking break – laughter does just that.


I think Friday should be a laughter holiday; what better way to get ready for the weekend. Bosses around the nation should have to back off and let the workers laugh to their heart's content. Sure, we still have to produce at work today, but I bet with laughter we will produce even more than usual. It would be good medicine for the bosses to laugh a little too, although I doubt they will produce any more than the usual, "bah humbug!"

Looking forward to the weekend is almost as good as the weekend itself, unless, of course, you have to work. In that case you need laughter even more than I. Can you imagine having Tuesday and Wednesday as a weekend? Who do you party and have fun with? Everyone is working while you cruise the lonely weeknight streets alone. No, you can’t quit – someone has to keep the world going so the rest of us can have great weekends. Sorry, Charlie, and keep up the good work….

I’m just saying,

Mittster

No comments: