Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer in Quartzsite

After transplanting four trees on our lot in Quartzsite, I have become a monthly tree sitter in one of the hottest summer spots in America. I'm not complaining, the desert is beautiful in the summer. The mornings are warm and quiet with a breeze that feels good as I sip my coffee while sitting outside.

I also volunteered to water our neighbors trees while they are freezing their butts of in Idaho. I called them to pass on the good news that the beehive that moved into their outside barbecue the minute they left for the season are alive and well. It was during this call at 10:00 AM that they informed me that it was 45 degrees and cloudy at their summer home. Better them than me....I wonder if the bees are Africanized? Unfortunately, they have to be exterminated and none to soon for me.

As soon as it's light out, I am packing up and getting the flock out of here!

I must apologize for this rather mundane blog, but what can I say? It's my blog and I'll be mundane if I want to.

I'm just saying,

Mittster

No comments: