Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Complacency Sucks

As November draws near, I find myself sick of unsolicited political phone calls and e-mails, even from candidates I intend to vote for. Please let the back stabbing cease, enough is enough! It is no wonder thousands of people don't bother to vote. They can't see the good candidates from the bad.

One thing is for sure though; not voting is wrong. We have a civic duty to vote using our best judgment and commonsense. Complacency sucks and our enemies from within and without depend on us not voting so they can keep their evil agendas going.

I for one am not willing to give up anything without a fight. Our country is worth fighting for, and in a world that operates on the principle that only the fittest survive, we all should be ready and willing to do what is necessary for our personal and democratic principled survival.

I cannot get the picture out of my mind of the worst elements of the Mexican people holding up flagpoles with their country's flag on top and our flag upside down on the bottom during a demonstration in the U. S. A.! Others in the demonstration were giving the American people obscene jesters and hateful looks, while police and bystanders looked on complacently. It reminded me of pictures I had seen of early German Nazis parading in downtown Berlin before Hitler came into power. His power was first made possible by German complacency. Remember, Hitler was not even German!

It doesn't matter if you are from the left or right politically. Today's U.S.A. is vastly different from the way we were fifty years ago. Had any other countries' citizenry stepped on our land and desecrated our flag in that manner, it would have been all over for them but the crying.

I am sickened by this behavior from people who expect a good life handed to them on a silver platter. I have worked my butt off for the things I am now losing because of the drain. But, worse yet, I am more sickened by the complacency of our own citizenry who won't stand up, get to the polls and vote for a chance for change, no matter how slight that chance may be.

Although violence has been the catalyst for change in our country's history, I personally don't advocate violence unless my life or family's life is threatened. Even though we do have the right to protect ourselves in this country, I believe the answer lies at the polls. You will find me there voting in the November election and I hope to see you there as well.

I'm just saying,

Mittster

No comments: