Friday, June 3, 2011

Visions

I had a dream last night that mankind and the earth were not destroyed in 2012. Instead, as a people, we had to work out our problems and be responsible for saving the earth ourselves if we wanted a place to live. In fact, many scholars have been working on the problems for decades, but we are too busy working, playing or worrying to know or care about their efforts.

My dream also included a simple truth. When mankind can no longer see the stars because of pollution, our demise will be eminent. Some nights, even in northern Arizona, I can barely make them out. I know there are places on earth where the stars still shine brightly, but even there, changes are evident.

The dream was not a nightmare, but instead, just a gentle warning given to me personally for some reason. Maybe it is because I care deeply about our planet and all of its creatures – big and small. I think of all the innocent newborn babies on planet earth dying because human adults can’t get along with each other enough to stop polluting the very spaceship on which we live and depend on for survival.

Every early morning when the skies are clear, I stand on the front porch and look toward the heavens. I am saddened that I can no longer see stars down to the horizon, but at the same time, I am thankful that I can still see the Milky Way galaxy and praise the Great Spirit and all his majesty before me. I have a wonderful painting that shows Native American dancers celebrating their heritage by dancing at night with the heavens showing brightly down to the horizon. I look at that painting every morning and say a prayer for the earth.

I’m just saying,

Mittster

No comments: